RULES FOR INVESTMENT BY PHONE
The following Rules are laid down by the Lembaga Totalisator Malaysia pursuant to the authority of and for the purposes provided by Section 14(e) of the Racing (Totalisator Board) Act 1961 (the "Act") for investments by telephone/mobile under the approved scheme. Terms used here are as defined in the Act.
- 1.1 Investments by telephone/mobile will be accepted at such totalisator agencies as may be designated for that purpose against a deposit or credit account previously established with the Board or its authorised agents or against dividends credited to an investor's account.
- 1.2 A telephone/mobile Account Holder shall be bound by the terms of the approved scheme for the time being approved by the Minister under Section 16 of the Act.
- 1.3 The rules made by the Board under Section 14(e) of the Act on 28th March 1961 and any subsequent amendments thereto shall continue to apply to the investments made by telephone/mobile. In the event there is a conflict or inconsistency between these Rules and the rules of 28th March 1961, these Rules shall prevail.
- PROCEDURE FOR OPENING A DEPOSIT ACCOUNT
Application to open a deposit or credit account must be in writing giving the information required on the form prepared for that purpose and must be signed by the applicant.
- MINIMUM DEPOSIT
An application for a deposit account must be accompanied by a deposit of at least RM50.00.
- DEPOSIT BY CHEQUE
Where a cheque is received as a deposit no investment against the deposit will be accepted until the cheque has been cleared. All outstation cheques must include bank commission.
The depositor will be given a receipt for the amount deposited.
- REFUSAL OF DEPOSITS
The Board or its authorised agents may refuse to accept any deposit or having accepted such deposit, may refund the deposit or any balance thereof at its discretion and without giving any reason therefore.
- PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
Each Account Holder will be assigned a personal identification number ("PIN") which is required to be communicated to the Board or its authorised agents to gain access to his account and such PIN may be changed at the discretion of the Board and its authorised agents. The Account Holder is to keep his PIN confidential and shall not disclose the PIN to any other person.
- RENEWAL OF DEPOSITS
Any Account Holder desiring to renew or increase his deposit may do so by forwarding or paying the additional amount to the totalisator agency concerned and by advising his account number and name.
- AMENDMENTS OF APPLICATIONS
Any Account Holder may be required from time to time by the Board or its authorised agents to submit a further application amending any or all the particulars required to be given. The Account Holder may also revoke the original application and replace it by a new one on satisfying the Board or its authorised agents that there is reasonable need of it for his own protection. In either case, any amount standing to the credit of the Account Holder will be credited to his new account (if any).
A separate record will be kept of each deposit or credit account and of the investments made against it.
- DEPOSITOR`S ACCOUNTS
All dividends will be credited to and all investments will be debited to the holder's account.
- PROCEDURES FOR INVESTING AGAINST DEPOSITS
- 12.1 Account Holders will use only the telephone/mobile numbers notified to them.
- 12.2 No investment instructions will be acted upon unless received by telephone/mobile.
- 12.3 The Account Holder must state his account number and PIN.
- 12.4 The Account Holder is required to supply the following information: all information as may be required to identify the investment to be made including but not limited to the game type, the draw date, the selection and the total amount of investment for each investment on the numbers forecast totalisator, and the race number, the horse number and/or name, the bet type, the number of units and the total amount of investment for each investment on the horse race totalisator.
- 12.5 On receipt of the instructions the operator will read back the message unless the Account Holder states that he does not require the instructions to be repeated.
- 12.6 Investments cannot be cancelled or amended once the transaction is confirmed by the operator to the Account Holder.
- DIVIDENDS AND REFUNDS
Dividends and refunds will be credited to the holder's account as soon as practicable after the race concerned.
- CREDIT AND PAYMENT OF DIVIDENDS
The amount standing to the credit of the Account Holder at any time shall be disposed of in accordance with his instructions. The instructions shall be in such form as the Board or its authorised agents may from time to time require. In the absence of such instructions the amount may be retained pending receipt of instructions or the whole or part of the amount may be remitted to the Account Holder at any time at the discretion of the Board or its authorised agents.
- DELIVERY OF STATEMENT
Statements of account will be sent by ordinary post to the address given by the Account Holder in his application form or such other address as may subsequently be notified to the Board or its authorised agents by the Account Holder. Statements will be deemed to be received by him at the time such statements would be delivered in the ordinary course of post.
Where an error occurs or is alleged then paragraph 39 of the approved scheme will apply. An application for a refund or any claim in respect of an alleged inaccurate entry in the holder's statement of account must be made at the totalisator agency at which the account is held within one month of the date on which the statement of account, in which the error or inaccurate entry occurs or is alleged to have occurred, is posted to the Account Holder.
Neither the Board nor any servant nor agent of the Board shall be responsible for any loss arising from the unauthorised use of the holder's account or the PIN.
- PAYMENT BY POST
All payments through post to the address given by the Account Holder will be at the sole risk of the Account Holder.
- ELECTRONIC FACILITIES
Investments by telephone/mobile shall include investments made by an Account Holder through any electronic facilities linked to the system of the Board or its authorised agents. Any such instructions shall be deemed to have been given through the telephone/mobile and the foregoing rules where applicable shall apply to such investments.
LEMBAGA TOTALISATOR MALAYSIA